Thursday, January 8, 2009

Veron: Lazio, Come And Get Me!

Veron: Lazio, Come And Get Me!

The Argentinean spent some of the best years of his career playing for the Rome-based side, winning a number of major honours including the Scudetto.

Reports in the Italian press have linked the player with a return, and it could happen as Veron issued a come-and-get-me plea to Lazio president Claudio Lotito.

"We have to see what happens. I would like to thank Lotito for his kind words," Veron told Il Corriere Dello Sport. "If he has thought about taking me back then I will be very happy. My door is always open and I will never close it.

"However, we have to remember I am still an Estudiantes player. Roma is a fantastic city and I still have plenty to give.

"Lazio fans have always made me feel welcome and even my family love the city. I spent some great years there."

Veron's message couldn't be any clearer as he eyes a way back into Serie A.

The midfielder left Lazio in 2001 for an adventure in England with Manchester United.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment